By this summer heat, you wouldn’t know it, but fall is just around the corner. Locals and visitors alike LOVE fall in the great north woods of NH.
We’re talking crisp days and the gorgeous show Mother Nature puts on as the leaves create a kaleidoscope of red, orange and yellow. It’s breathtaking! Think we’re exaggerating? Folks travel from all over the world to experience our spectacular foliage in what we lovingly refer to as “leaf peeping!”
But, it’s not just about oohing and ahhhing the changing colors of the leaves, the North Country has TONS of things to do here in the fall. Ready to wind down from the summer? Look no further than the North Country for your fall break.
- Experience the fall foliage “Riding the Wilds” on an ATV adventure for the whole family. Bring your own, or visit Bear Rock Adventures for ATV rentals.
- Hike the mighty Cohos Trail System from Pittsburgh to the Connecticut Lake State Forest and on up to the Canadian border.
- Enjoy a family favorite past time, apple picking!
- Fish the Connecticut Lakes and River.
- Hunt for wildlife – deer, moose, partridge and more!
And, you can do it all while getting in all the leaf peeping your heart desires!
Here’s a tip: optimal leaf peeping is mid-September to late October, so start making your travel plans now.