Have you become an official “Go North 9er” yet? If not, consider this your invitation to join the fun and join the club. Fall is a great time to start! Experience the Great North Woods like never before by climbing ALL NINE PEAKS and earn your spot as a “Go North 9er!”
Now, before you get intimidated by the thought of climbing NINE peaks, keep in mind, you can do this all in your own time and not all peaks are created equal. Some are more difficult than others, so go in an order and at a pace that’s right for you.
Still feel like you’re a novice? No problem! We suggest you start with Table Rock or Brousseau Mountain. They are the easiest.
From there, you can work your way up to more challenging climbs where you’ll be treated to expansive views at the top. As you tackle the peaks of the Go North 9er challenge, you’ll find rewards aplenty, with gently rolling terrain, bird-filled wetlands, towering pine forests, and steep challenging ascents that leads to outstanding views of mountains and water.
And, the bonus of starting in the fall? No big crowds!
Once you’ve completed the 9ers, you’ll officially become a Go North 9er with:
- A certificate with an official member number
- A custom 9er patch to let everyone know you conquered the famed peaks
- Your name added to the official Go North 9er Member Roster
Meet the Peaks!
- Percy North – NH – Elevation 3,430 ft – Rated Difficult
- Percy South – NH Elevation 3,182 ft – Rated Difficult
- Sugarloaf – NH Elevation 3,710 ft – Rated Difficult
- Monadnock – VT Elevation 3,150 ft – CURRENTLY CLOSED – Use Middle Mountain – Rated for Moderate and Advanced hikers
- Magalloway – NH Elevation 3,383 ft
- Brousseau Mtn – VT Elevation 2,732 ft – Rated easy to moderate
- Averill Mtn – VT Elevation 2,240 ft – Rated easy to moderate
- Gore Mtn – VT Elevation 3,332 ft – NOT for beginners
- Table Rock – NH Elevation 2,540 ft – Easy